Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 4 Prompt Post: Nutri-Sci Club


Earlier in the semester I was interested in joining a few more clubs in order to expand my boundaries here at MSU. Considering my major is nutritional sciences, I was delighted to see a group called Nutri-Sci on the list of organizations offered on campus. Although I have not been able to make it to a meeting in person, I am still well informed about the groups’ activities and status. The method of communication used by the clubs’ president is via email and she keeps me updated each week. Fortunately we are able to keep in contact until a gap in my schedule will allow me to attend one of their gatherings. Currently, the club is comprised of a small, tight-knit community. There are not many members yet, but it doesn’t hold them back from producing an impact. This semester they have already traveled to the Ronald Mcdonald House to prepare a meal for local families and treated themselves to homemade smoothies.  Some of the other events they have planned include attending the Hunger Dialogues, inviting a Dietician to speak about her career, and socials such as hot yoga and froyo dates. Nutri-Sci is not limited to an exclusive major; they welcome anyone who wishes to join. They believe that everyone should have an opportunity to learn about health and nutrition. Incorporating these two values into fun activities and event allows them to present their message in an effective way. Next Wednesday I will finally be able to participate in one of their events and I cannot wait be an official member of the club!




Sources:
Megan Geierman. Personal Interview. Feb 4. 
Heart Fruit. Digital image. Tfosuccess.com. Tfosuccess.com, 2012. Web. 5 Feb. 2014.

1 comment:

  1. this club seems really nice. I love small little groups. I'm not into the big groups, there's just too many people for me to feel comfortable. Plus no one gets a say when there's a ton of other people wanting a say. I also really like the fact that you're not officially in the club, but they keep you updated as if you were that shows how nice being a part of the club would be. It's clubs like this that make me want to participate.

    ReplyDelete