Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Week 10 Free Post: Desserts!

            I think we can all agree that the best part of studying nutrition is the food itself. This week I thought I would share a website that I turn to quite often when it comes to baking. Everyone loves desserts and there is no better way to enjoy them than eating them guilt-free. By following the recipes on http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com , you can make tasty treats without worrying about your waistline. One benefit of the site is the variety of options. The creator provides gluten free, vegan, sugar-free, and soy-free options. She also offers additional recipes that can used to make regular meals. All of the ingredients required to bake are simple, healthy, and nourishing. My favorite aspect of the website is the authors outlook on nutrition. She advocates living healthily in moderation and balancing your life as much as possible. Some of the recipes I have tried are the dark chocolate raspberry muffins, the chocolate chips cookies, the flour-free brownies, and the banana ice cream.  I have also made a few of the pumpkin items and the chocolate fudge. Most of them turned out successfully and my test subjects could not even tell that they were designed to be healthy!


Here are some pictures of my results…




Sources:
Katie. "Chocolate Covered Katie." Chocolate Covered Katie. Deluxe Designs, 2014. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
 Dark Chocolate Muffins, Kitchen. Personal photograph by author. 2013.
 Cookies, Kitchen. Personal photograph by author. 2013.
Ice Cream, Kitchen. Personal photograph by author. 2014.
Brownies, Kitchen. Personal photograph by author. 2013.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was really good. As someone that enjoys baking desserts for my family when I am home this gives me a place to look that will give me ideas to make desserts a little healthier. Did it feel a little weird using different ingredients than what you are use to for making some of these ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was good information for me. I like desserts and I never think about any information about nutrition in this aspects when I enjoy it. After reading I think I need to pay more attention to my health.

    ReplyDelete